Little Shop of Horrors Original Motion Picture Soundtrack: Piano/Vocal/Chords is the songbook featuring sheet music for all the songs from the 1986 film - although there are several glaring deviations from both the film and album versions.
In addition to the paperback print edition (which has been reprinted numerous times), the book is also available in digital format for kindle. Stand-alone sheet music for many songs were issued with the same cover (including a "choral medley"), and an abridged version was released as part of the "Broadway's Best" series.
- Although it's titled "Prologue (Little Shop of Horrors)," the narrator's prologue is completely omitted.
- "Some Fun Now" substitutes the soundtrack's line "Pop Quiz" for "What with?"
- "Feed Me" omits the film's dialogue portions.
- "The Meek Shall Inherit" is the radically-different Skip Snip version from the stage play.
- "Mean Green Mother From Outer Space" features the deleted "Frankenstein" verse.
- "Don't Feed the Plants" includes the Greek chorus's segment that was cut from the album.
The book mirrors the soundtrack album, with songs arranged in the order that they appear in the film, and it includes the inner-gatefold photo layout that was first featured in the vinyl record edition plus two pages of black-and-white stills.
Broadway's Best Version
A cut-down version featuring "8 Selections from the Musical" is also available in both digital and paperback editions.
As a Broadway book, it seems odd that it boasts the cover from the film's soundtrack and the movie's version of "Suppertime." This time, the "Prologue" appears as the sole title of "Little Shop of Horrors" despite its total omission, and "Somewhere That's Green" is noticeably absent.
|Skid Row (Downtown)||5|
|Grow for Me||12|
|The Meek Shall Inherit||30|
|Don't Feed the Plants (Finale)||38|